Saturday, December 23, 2006

Airfare predictions?

Another airfares-related website referred to my by one of friends is Farecast. As indicated by the domain name, this website predicts the trend of the airfares between important US airports (it says 75+ cities right now) for the next few weeks. They also allow you to search for fares, but I would suggesting using Kayak or Sidestep for that purpose. I would suggest starting from Farecast to help you decide when to buy, that is, if you are fortunate enough to be flying from one of their listed airports. After deciding the time, use Kayak or Sidestep to search for the right website to buy from.
I did not find this information in their FAQ section, but I am guessing they are using historical data to predict the airfares.
I have not yet had a chance to use it. So, I am not sure of how reliable this really is, but check it out anyway if you get a chance, and let others know if it is any good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,

Have you tried Trabber? is a search engine that retrieve content directly from travel web sites to get the best air fares.

Here is the address: www.trabber.com

Ciao.